Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fun Weekend Part 2...

So Friday was our 5th wedding anniversary! It's been a crazy 5 years what with law school and twins and we've had our ups and downs but it has been great, and I really do love Parker more everyday. He is everything I need and want in a man and I everyday I wonder how I got HIM?! I think everyone wonders that, haha, I must be really good in...well you get the point ;) Probably what I love most about him (besides his amazing good looks) is that he is so patient with me and just deals with me. I have so many shortcomings and faults and he just looks past them and loves me for me. I have never ever doubted his love, commitment, and devotion to me and for that I am so grateful. I love you honey, and happy anniversary!!!


Parker surprised me this year with a night at a bed and breakfast in Stanley, Virginia! So it's cute because he planned ahead and even asked my dad a LONG time ago (before we even moved out here) if he and Lindsay could watch the boys while we're gone. For those of you who know Parker, you know that's a big deal, he hates to plan ahead. Also he took me to the Cheesecake Factory which he knows I LOVE! So that's the cute part.

The NOT so cute part, where we went. Haha. Well it was in the middle of nowhere, about 2 hours away from our place. I will say this though, it was a gorgeous drive-SO incredibly green! I loved it, I felt like I was driving through Oregon! But the B&B was in a tiny town and it was hilarious. We walk in and there's all these cats running around the house. Of course I don't really mind that but it was still weird, I mean, what if we had been allergic or cat haters!? The ma and pa that live there and own it were there to greet us, they were Scottish or something and kinda hard to understand but they got us all settled in then walked us upstairs to our room. Yes, our room was RIGHT above theirs! Needless to say, we felt super self conscious they would hear us! Then we got wondering if maybe they were perverts or something and had hidden cameras all over. Who knows. The room was decorated as old lady as you can imagine, roses, fringe on the lamps, lace doilies all over. The funniest part was that there were SIGNS all over the room! Don't do this, do this, don't touch that, if this happens you will have to pay to fix it, here's how to use the clock radio, etc. The floors were creaky and the bed was not cozy at all. They had an old TV in the old lady sitting room and the most hilarious old school movie (VHS) collection I've ever seen. BUT, we made the most of it. There was a nice jacuzzi tub which we enjoyed and we really did just enjoy our time together.

In the morning we had breakfast at 9am SHARP (which sucks cuz we wanted to sleep in) downstairs in the main dining room. Ok, the breakfast was disgusting-some sort of casserole quiche thing that neither Parker or I could gag down. Then check out is at 10:30am! I think that's way too early when you pay as much as we did for that room. So, that was our experience at the White Fence Bed and Breakfast in Stanley, Virginia! Hahaha, it was hilarious but still fun to get AWAY and be ALONE! I love you Parker and thanks for planning something special. =) Here is the only picture we took of the place, it looks cute from the outside...don't be deceived...

We came home Saturday afternoon and laid out at the pool for a while then took my dad to the airport. That night Linds and I went to dinner to thank her for watching the boys for us. Thanks Lindsay and Dad SOOOOOOO much!!!!

Here are some pictures from their weekend, the boys were spoiled of course!


3 comments:

Janae said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Five years is awesome. We are headed toward nine this year.. that makes me feel SO OLD!!! Anyways, I LOVE the B&B You went to! That is freakin' hilarious!!! Way to go Parker though for planning it all. I'm glad you both have a sense of humor! And hey, Cheesecake Factory is really all you need, right?

Daisha said...

The Bed & Breakfast thing made me laugh. We stayed in a B&B last year in New Orleans for 4 nights. They were a nice young couple, but the guy was so so talkative that we started to avoid him by the end so we could get places on time. We decided that the B&B is a 1 time experience and should be left at that. Hotels seem beter just for the fact that you don't feel obligated to talk to anyone . . . it is vacation ya know!

Acker Family said...

Happy Anniversary to you!! Crazy that it's been 5 years! I would like to try a B&B-hopefully it'll be a bit better than your experience :)