Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I had a very nice Mother's Day today, nothin too special but I did not have to wipe any poopy bums, deal with whining children, or cook so I'm pretty happy!!! We went to church this morning and Parker gave a great talk on mothers. Then we came home and I rested and read, ALONE AND IN PEACE which was wonderful. Then we went to Morrill's house and Bart made a yummy dinner and Parker made a yummy cake! Unfortunately my poor mother in law got really sick so she was upstairs most of the night. =( Parker and the boys got me two new books and a GPS system! I will most DEFINITELY be needing that in Washington DC! Thanks so much babe, I love you!!!!!! My mother in law is going to buy me a bassinet for the baby! I'm super excited!

I thought today would be a good day to tell three women in my life how much they mean to me since, as mothers, they certainly don't hear it enough.

First off, my wonderful mom...

How cute is my mom??? Too bad I didn't get any of HER genes (no offense dad). I love my mom so much and wish so badly I could've spent Mother's Day with her. However, she was at a resort in sunny southern California so I'm not sure if she missed ME too much! =) My mom is a woman of many strengths, heck she raised three daughters! What I admire most about her though is her ability to hold the family together. Growing up we had a hectic schedule with my dad either out of town, working, or doing Bishop stuff and my sisters and I running around with swimming, soccer, choir, social lives, and jobs yet somehow my mom always found a time to feed us together as a family. While she is an AMAZING cook, that wasn't the best part...the best part was family time. And now, as we are all older and living our own lives, she still finds ways to get us all together and that always leads to lots of fun, laughs, and memories. We weren't super close growing up but we have more than made up for that now. My mom is probably the person I call most with good news, bad news, questions, or just to talk. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MOM, AND AM SO LUCKY TO BE YOUR DAUGHTER!

Second, my wonderful mother in law...

I feel so incredibly blessed to have Michelle as my second mother. I really don't consider her a mother IN LAW, because our relationship seems as close as a mother and daughter can be after six years. She has raised five amazing children, one in particular, and I have to thank her for her help in making Parker into what he is today. I remember the first time I met Michelle I thought, dang it, he has a pretty mom now he's going to have high standards for me as I get older! Haha. She is pretty, inside and out. What I admire most about her is that she is a completely selfless person and also a very hard worker. I never see Michelle just lounging around or taking time for herself. She is always thinking of everyone else and always has loads of energy for her three grandkids. I LOVE YOU MOM AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

And last but not least, my wonderful Grandma...I know everyone thinks that their grandma is wonderful but, trust me, mine is the best. =) I feel so lucky to have a grandma that is so youthful, full of energy, and involved in the lives of her grandkids and great grandkids! We have always been close and I have SO many good memories of our grandma's nights with her when we were young. Even now, at 25 and living in different states, we are so close and I get to see her quite a bit when they come to town! What I admire most about my grandma is her love for the gospel, which governs how she lives her life and makes her a wonderful person. My favorite memory of my grandma is PLAYING GAMES! She is SO fun to play games with, and we all end up laughing till our stomachs hurt because she is so hilarious. She is always the life of the party and I love her. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY GRANDMA!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

all of that is so true!!!