Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's Been an Amazing Six Years...

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband!!! We actually celebrated last week by going to Park City for a night so yesterday we didn't do much but Lindsay and Jason took the boys for the night so we were ALONE! We just enjoyed our time together, went to dinner, and rented a movie. It's sad that it takes things like anniversaries to remind me of how much and why I love my Parker so much. I decided in honor of our SIXTH anniversary I'd say my top six things that I love about Parker and our relationship...

1) He loves me unconditionally and is 100% devoted to me. I am one of those lucky girls who has never once doubted Parker's love for me and I know that he would do anything for me.

2) He always puts me first and him second (or third, or fourth or fifth). Parker is, in his own way, always thinking of other people and never of himself. No matter how tired he is, he will get up in the morning with the boys if he can see that I too am tired.

3) He is quick to compliment me and never criticizes me. Parker must have some sort of delusion that I am perfect because he treats me like I am. He never says things to me that are unkind or make me feel bad about myself. Even now that I am 20 pounds bigger with a big ol belly he makes me feel sexy and beautiful and THAT, people, is quite the task! He doesn't care if I'm in pjs with no make up on, he still makes me feel wanted.

4) He is very very patient with me. Those that know me know that sometimes I require a lot of patience and I am lucky that Parker has that. Whether it's me being picky about food, complaining about the weather, the twins, being pregnant, being poor, missing my family and friends, or just feeling sorry for myself he never gets upset with me he just deals with me and tries to make it better.

5) We have great communication in our relationship, there is NOTHING Parker and I can't openly and comfortably talk about. Some people view Parker as shy, but he is not that way with me at all. There is a whole different side of Parker that I am lucky enough to see. I feel like our marriage is as strong as it is because we seriously are so open and honest with eachother that we can handle anything together.

6) Parker makes me happy. Even though it may not seem like it to him (being pregnant sucks people!), I really am happy with my life and my future with Parker. Sometimes I am too negative and think about debt, having three boys, living SO far away, etc but in the end Parker does make me happy and thinking of eternity with him makes me absolutely grin from ear to ear. He is everything I needed and wanted in a husband and I really can't believe that I not only FOUND him but that he actually MARRIED me!!! How lucky am I!?

It's been an amazing six years babe and I look forward to our future together. I LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

cute! that's all so true about parker. he is wonderful. mom sure loves him haha.

JP said...

You're right, Parker is practically perfect in every way! We think you're pretty great too Jenn. We're so glad you both found each other, what a great match.