Monday, June 15, 2009

Sisters Road Trip to Oregon...

I'm home! I got home from Oregon a little after midnight last night and the boys woke me up bright and early! Needless to say, I'm exhausted and really hoping for a nap today! My sisters and I had a lot of fun together and it was so weird to be home without husbands or kids! Unfortunately we had to make it a short trip so we didn't have as much time as we were hoping but we made the most of it!
Friday morning we all went to get our hair done by our DEAR family friend Nicole who is in beauty school, thanks Nic! Then we had to run some errands and went to a tour of homes thing (I love looking at million dollar homes that I will never ever be able to afford!). Friday evening we celebrated MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY!!! We went to pizza at Paddingtons and then home for banana cream pie, presents, and games! It was a really really fun night, my grandparents and Nicole came over to play games with us and it was SO much fun! My grandpa is the most hilarious person to play games with and we were up till 1am laughing like crazy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
Here we are at Paddingtons Pizza...My adorable grandparents...We all came home from pizza and went in our rooms to change and all came out in pink shirts!!!The fam, showing that dad is 52!!!!Dad opening his presents...The most delicious banana cream pie in the world, thanks mom!!!The birthday boy...My grandpa and mom cracking up at eachother...Just to make you all jealous of Oregon, LOOK at this view from my parent's deck!!!
Saturday night was fun because my choir teacher from high school was retiring and they had a very nice retirement party for him at my high school! I haven't been in there in years so it was really weird to walk the halls again! So many memories! It was a very nice program and it was so good to see Mr. C again! I am very very sad more people didn't come, and shame on all of you who could've/should've been there!
My sisters and I...Mr. C and all the Barraclough girls!We all got to go up and sing the Old Irish Blessing, it was so fun!
Sunday we drove home, I did ok on the drive considering I have a huge belly and am constantly uncomfortable. We took my dad's Lexus which is the most comfortable car in the world so that helped. It was so fun to be able to spend time with my sisters before I move so far away. I love them both and am grateful for our close relationship. And mom and dad, thanks for having us-it was SO fun to be home and I miss you guys already!!!!! Mom thanks for taking such good care of us, we were so spoiled and I'm sure I gained a ton of weight with all your yummy cooking!!!Love you!!!!
P.S. Parker added this new thing on my blog where he can upload the videos he takes on his phone to my blog-it's at the very bottom if you want to see it. The one on there now is of them doing karate, HILARIOUS!!!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Jenn, thanks for not pointing out that I was the big, fat LOSER at our card game. I appreciate you and your sisters making the long drive home - it was worth every minute of lost sleep! Love you!

Lindsay said...

i love these pictures! i'm so glad we went.

Acker Family said...

First of all I can't believe you drove! Way to go mama! I always hated traveling long distances at the end of my pregnancy-especially with the potty stops :) I so wish I could've gone to Mr. C's thing-plus it would've been fun to see you! You look so cute!!!