Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Surprise Trip to Utah Part 1

Two Sundays ago my mom called me on the phone and said, "honey...I had a thought...what if I flew you and the twins out this weekend to surprise Livi (my niece) for her baptism?"  After arranging babysitters for Tyce (thanks a million Kimberly and Traci!!!) we booked the tickets!  It was so exciting to only have to wait five days!  We didn't tell anyone we were coming except my parents and Dana (since she was doing all the baptism plans).  It was so hard to keep a secret from Lindsay, she even called me while I was at the airport!  Anyways, we flew out Friday morning and it was a loooong day, 11 hours! 

Here's tired Joshy on the first leg of the flight...


 Jackson is a little more of a morning person...
 Mommy and Jack (oh, and Happy the penguin)...
We had four hours to kill in the Las Vegas airport where there is NOTHING for kids to do.  The boys entertained themselves by riding the moving walkways with their stuffed animals.  They seriously did this for over an hour. 

 "Mommy take a picture of us in this cool window!" 
We finally landed in Utah and my parents picked us up and we checked into their hotel in downtown Salt Lake.  About an hour later, Lindsay, Jason, and Luke came!  I opened the door and Lindsay just freaked out, it was so hilarious.  She was even more excited to find out the twins were there too!  Here is precious Luke...
We went and had dinner at the new City Creek Mall which is SO cool!  The kids loved the dinosaur play area there...
After dinner we went back to the hotel and let the kids swim. That night my parents kept my boys and Livi and Mason at the hotel and I went back down to Provo and stayed with Linds. 

Saturday was the baptism, it was long but a very special day.  My dad baptized Livi and Uncle Jason confirmed her.  I am so proud of her decision to be baptized.  Afterwards we grabbed some pics outside. 

Cole, Mason, Jackson, and Josh.  These four boys had SO much fun together and made me want to pack up and move back to Utah today. 
 Livi and her parents...
 My grandma (who was also super surprised to see me) holding precious Luke...
 Baptism girl and her Auntie Jenn...
 My wonderful in laws drove out for the baptism too!  I was SO excited to get to see them! 
After the baptism we went to The Mandarin, this YUMMY Chinese place in Bountiful.  Everyone had a great time.  I got pics at each table.  On the left is my cousin James and his mom, my aunt, Denae.  Across the table is Tegan, Abbi, my dad, and my mom...
 Livi, Lindsay, Luke, Dana, and Jason (who said he was eating and wouldn't look up for the picture)...
 Across from them were the boys, Mason, Jack, Cole, and Josh...
 David's parents, Georgia and Van, and my grandparents...
 Michelle, Bart, Tyler, and Kate (Jackie had a prior commitment but Tyler never passes up on food!)...
 I thought it was funny we were all in black and white so I grabbed a picture, my moms are so beautiful!!!
After dinner I said goodbye to my in laws, which was hard, then we got ice cream and headed back to the hotel.  Stay tuned for part two!!!

No comments: