Friday, June 8, 2012

Tyce and Daddy Get Left Behind

[Parker writing] So Jenn and the twins got to go to Utah while I got stuck was privileged to look after two-year old Tyce. It ended up being a great experience despite a little trepidation going into it. He was great, for me at least. It sounds like the babysitters had a harder time with him while I was at work. But I really enjoyed the time I had with him. We went to Dulles Town Center and rode the carousel...

 

He helped me with some hat shopping, though he didn't save me from buying the exact same hat some lovely girl had already bought me for Father's Day...

 

 We grabbed a bite to eat. Common standards of decorum do not apply on a guy's night out...

 
But the guy's night out took an unusual turn when someone became absolutely absorbed in imaginative play with a girly-looking vanity and kitchen set, for the record this was not my idea...

 

On Saturday, I took him to the Manassas Train Festival. It was a really cool little gathering with your usual festival street vendors but with a train theme. We took in the tap dancers for a bit then went to check out the train displays which were fairly impressive...


                                 


                                   

After rejecting my crabcake sandwich after one bite, Tyce rode with me on the mini train and played in the bouncer.  Tyce was really excited to drive the big old fashioned truck they had on display.  I asked him where we were going and he said, "To get Mommy, Jack and Josh."


On Sunday we went to church and just took it easy...

 

On Monday, Tyce got to go hang out with his friends Leah and Sarah. It sounds like they had a lot of fun checking out animals at the farm. Tyce was excited to go...

 

It was a fun time with Tyce. We sang a little Bob Marley together, in Tyce's own words as heard in his current favorite movie "Shark Tales"; Tyce would close his eyes like he was jamming and sing in a high pitched voice climbing higher, "everything will be alright!" He really should not learn to sing from me. I love the little guy and was glad I could spend so much time with him when he's in such a fun stage of life. He was very playful: too much sometimes because it seemed he was always trying to start a wrestling match. We played a little basketball and baseball in the garage too. He's got a lot of potential and he'll have his older brothers to show him the way. This is a fun time to see our youngest getting to a stage where he's fun and a little more low maintenance. Other than wishing he could wipe his own butt properly, I couldn't image this weekend having gone any better.

2 comments:

Brent said...

Sorry you got left behind Parker but it sounds like you made the best of it with Tyce. Thanks for enabling Jenn and the twins to join us in Utah for the baptism and family festivities. At least you can look forward to your in-laws coming to visit next week!?!? Quit your moaning....

JP said...

Sounds like some quality male bonding time! Thanks for posting about it, I love hearing your perspective on things. You are such a terrific dad, what lucky boys.