Sunday, September 1, 2013

BYU Game!

Saturday morning we headed down to Charlottesville for the Virginia/BYU football game!  We were super excited to be able to see our Cougars play in real life because they rarely play out east! 
 
Here we are before we left...
 At the game...
 
See how beautiful and sunny it is??  What you DON'T see is how we're all drenched in sweat.  It was super hot and super humid, for the 1st quarter anyway.  Halfway through the second quarter we had to evacuate the stadium due to impending weather.  We then waited for over two hours for the storm to pass.  It was a pretty intense storm complete with lightning, thunder, wind, and rain.  Once the game finally got started again we were able to watch about 20 minutes before the torrential rains started up again.  We spent most of the 3rd quarter under shelter watching the game on the tv screens they had by the concessions.  It finally quit a little into the 4th quarter and we were able to go back into the stadium and watch the remainder of the game.  Unfortunately we played terrible and LOST!  It was seriously such an ordeal of a day!  We're still glad we got to see BYU play, even though it wasn't the best game or weather. 

And I am SO glad we decided the night before that bringing Tyce would not be fun, for anyone.  We decided he was too young and would get bored really fast.  Luckily my awesome new neighbor, Lori, agreed to watch him all day and night and it sounds like he had a fantastic time and didn't miss us at all!

Here he is when we dropped him off...
 Lori sent me some pics, here's Adam reading to Tyce...
 Then they decided they needed popcorn (Tyce's favorite food in the world)...
Bedtime!  This was Tyce's first sleepover all by himself without his brothers, I didn't know how he would do but apparently he did great!
In other news, my mom taught me how to sew on buttons!  Yes yes yes, I'm 30 years old and am just now learning very basic sewing skills.  I have never had the desire to learn, sewing is something that has never interested me.  BUT I figured it's something I should learn sooner or later so...here's my first button I sewed on a napkin...
 And, as always, the time for my parents to leave came WAY too soon...
We dropped them off at the airport this afternoon and it was awful, as it always is.  Every time we drop someone off at the airport Parker and I have the same conversation...how we can get back West?  Where we should live, jobs, etc etc etc.  But in the end we stay here, it just makes the most sense for us right now...unfortunately.  I am SO lucky my parents come out so often, I would just not make it without seeing them every few months.  My boys adore them, my dad is constant entertainment and Tyce and Grandma are just best of friends.  LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!  MISS YOU ALREADY!!

Tonight Tyce and I head to the hospital for his sleep study to find out if he needs his tonsils out or not.  Then...first day of school coming up!!!!

No comments: