Sunday, March 16, 2008

Josh's Shoe Obsession

So I think this is the funniest thing...my son LOVES shoes! He freaks out if everyone else has shoes on and he doesn't. Like every morning we get ready to go to the gym and I put my tennis shoes on and I put Jackson's shoes on and Josh just panics because he thinks he's going to be left behind if he doesn't have his shoes on. So he'll run into his room and find whatever two shoes he can find, put them on, then hurry downstairs and point to his feet saying, "shoes, go, shoes, go." Haha. Sometimes too when he's just bored he'll entertain himself by trying on different shoes. Today he got two mix matched shoes, wrong feet, and wrong size (Jackson's are a size bigger than Josh's). Haha, I had to get a picture.
Today we had a fun battle at lunchtime. They were eating spaghetti and they saw daddy eating a cookie (good going daddy). So they both starting whining for a cookie. I told Jackson that he had to eat 4 more bites then he could have a cookie. He looked at me and I could tell he was really trying to understand me. He ate his 4 bites fast as he could and then asked for a cookie. I was so proud of him that he did what I asked and he was so excited to get his cookie! THEN there's Josh...those of you that know my twins know that Joshy is usually the more diffiucult of the two. I tried the same method with him and he sat there for 20 minutes crying for a cookie but he would NOT eat a bite of spaghetti, just one little bite! So I had to put him down for a nap without a cookie-Jackson was happy and tired and just fell right asleep but Josh is still crying as I sit here typing. Poor guy, it breaks my heart but I have to be tough right?! It's hard because I don't know for sure if he understands what I'm saying, although he is usually the smarter one so if Jack gets it Josh should get it too! It just makes me sad being the mean mommy that won't give him a cookie-but he's got to learn right!? Any suggestions??


3 comments:

Loni said...

That is so cute!! I wouldn't think that they would wear different sizes of shoes - interesting in that it is something you have to be aware of. I think you did the right thing with the cookie. Mikey sometimes plays "dumb" with me, and so you have to call their bluff - also, since you made Jackson follow through, it wouldn't be fair if you didn't make the other one follow through. Next time, I bet Josh will be quicker at participating

Justina Selim said...

They look so cute! I'm excited for Sat. Aiden will love it. I think I will watch them over here. That way Taylor can go to the school and I don't think I will need him, but if I do he can come help. He is at the school now pretty much every night now until late. Last semester all over again! Can I do it again? We'll see!

Janae said...

Yep, it is tough being the big bad mom, but you have to do it. I have a hard time getting Jaycee to eat. She never wants to eat, and she always wants treats. So we have to do the same thing. We make her count her bites, and then she actually usually eats even more than we ask because she gets carried away in the counting. It's kind of cute. I think you did the right thing. And your boys are adorable! I love the shoe fettish. :)