Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our Weekend Alone

So my wonderful mother in law offered to take the boys out to her house from Thursday to Sunday last week! It was such a nice break, but I missed them like crazy. It's funny how so many times as a mom you just think, Ah I need a break! Well, I got one-a three day one-and I couldn't wait to have them home. I know they had a blast though, they didn't want to leave grandma when she brought them back! My boys are so lucky to have a grandma like her, we all love her so much! They're also lucky to have an aunt who's only 8 so I know they had a lot of fun playing with her, they love their Auntie Tegan! =) So apparently they were having too much fun to take many pictures but here are a few of them being spoiled at Grandma Morrill's house...




So what did WE do for three whole days alone you ask?? Well unfortunately my body decided it was time to get sick, which I rarely am. I had a terrible cold and even worse stomach issues. But I was NOT about to sit around and let this time pass! Parker and I had a romantic candlelight dinner Thursday night at home then we went to the movie National Treasure-good movie. Friday we slept in till 10:30!!!! I couldn't believe it! Friday night we went to dinner, just the two of us, no high chairs, no kids meals, it was wonderful. Then our friends Tara and Phil came over and we played games all night which was way fun! Saturday morning we slept in till about 10:00, went to a matinee of Vantage Point-which I loved but got a little motion sickness, then we headed up to Oakley with my sis Lindsay and her boyfriend Jason. His family has a cabin over there and it was SO fun! We went snowmobiling, had yummy steaks that Jason made for dinner, played games, and just had fun. It was a good time to get to know Jason a little better since they seem to be getting pretty serious!! So Sunday we went to church-just the two of us, so weird. We came home from church and took a nap then went out to pick up our boys! It was a fun weekend and once again, thanks mom for taking the boys!!! Here are some pics of our night at the cabin with Lindsay and Jason...



4 comments:

Janae said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm jealous. We had a great weekend with family, but it would be awesome to have a weekend without kids! I'm sure i'd miss them like crazy though.
Love ya!!

Daisha said...

Sounds so nice! Isn't it funny that if you have a break from the kids the thing you enjoy the most is Sleep!!

Justina Selim said...

Fun weekend! Your sister and her boyfriend look way cute together! Sorry about last night, I am way embarrassed! I just saw your texts this afternoon. I was way sick last night and payed no attention to my phone. I am feeling a little better today, but not a ton! I hate being sick. I don't know how I survived this at the beginning of my pregnancy for like 10 weeks! Thanks for your concern, Aiden had so much fun yesterday! We love your boys!

Loni said...

Glad you got a break. Isn't it amazing how much sleeping in means to you after you have kids?! Lindsey has really grown up. Weird - we should still be freshmen.