Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

We had a way fun Easter weekend-my parents were in town and that always means two things, tons of fun mixed with some family drama. But all in all it was a wonderful holiday weekend.

Saturday night we all went to P.F. Changs for my grandma and sister's birthdays and that was really fun except we all seemed to have upset stomachs after! But we had no kids (thanks a ton Justina and Aiden!) so that made it that much better! Then we went to my house for candied popcorn and games! We played Catch Phrase, girls vs. boys, and of course girls won! =) It was so fun though! My dad has some cute pics of the evening on his camera so if he can figure out how to send them to me I'll post some. =)

Sunday was fun we got up early for church and taught our sunbeam class in Primary. They were SO cute and very hyper given the holiday Sunday. It amazed me how much they understood and remembered about Christ's life, death, and resurrection-children truly are special spirits who are so close to the Lord. Then we came home and the boys did their easter egg hunt, it was so cute! They knew right away to go find the eggs and put them in their baskets. Joshy kept calling them balls, but that's ok! Then I brought down their easter baskets which they loved but they weren't all that interested in the candy (they're obviously not MY kids)! Josh was THRILLED about his new spiderman ball ($0.69) and Jackson loved his new bubble gun ($3.59), haha. They were so fun to watch!

After our Sunday nap we went up to Bountiful for a family dinner at my sister's house. It was really fun and it felt good to have everyone together-I'm such a dork, I just love family! All in all it was a fun weekend and I'm sad my parents have to go back to Oregon tomorrow. Next time I see my mom will be when she comes to visit us in Washington DC! Scary! But my dad comes down for business a lot so I'll see him soon. =) Happy Easter everyone!

Here are some pics from the weekend....

Could my nieces be any cuter!! =)

9 comments:

Parker said...

It's a Batman ball Jenn! Big difference!

Justina Selim said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter! We did too. This morning I was putting away dishes and Aiden saw the sippy cup that Jackson had used Sat night and he pointed to it and said, "Jackson's" it was so funny!

JP said...

What a fun weekend! We missed hanging out with you guys, but that's cool that you got to spend it with Oregon family. Are you guys going home for conference? We need to get together if not! We love you all so much.

Shalyse said...

oh i love your family! those boys are TO DIE FOR CUTE!!!

Janae said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!!

Palmer Family said...

Jenn!! How cute are your little guys with their matching Easter outfits!! So cute they look like little men I love it! Miss you!! When are you going to Oregon next? We will be up at the end of April for Kelly's graduation!

Dusty and Carol said...

Your boys are adorable. We haven't seen them for so long since we moved out of your parents ward. Their matching outfits are cute.

Emily said...

The twins look great and big! I know Bailey is a beast comparatively but for their age they look big and so cute. I hope you kids are well.

Justina Selim said...

HEY! I have been meaning to call you, but you know me. . hhaha. My mom surprised me and came to visit last week and then I decided to come to AZ with her. I am staying the rest of this week. So fun! Aiden is loving being here! I will call you when we get back so we can get together!