Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sisters Night!

So Thursday night we had sisters night for the last time this summer! Dana, Lindsay, and I went to Macaroni Grill and it was SO yummy! We had a great waiter (you always get better service from waiters when you're without your husband, haha) and had wonderful food. It was so fun to all get together without kids or husbands and do what Barraclough girls do best-eat, talk, and laugh! I love my sisters and I will really miss Dana this summer!


It's been a crazy week but all is well in Washington DC! Parker left Wednesday morning with a car load of stuff and made it to our condo by Friday night without any big problems! He brought our kitty, Brody, with him and he kept him company. My wonderful mother in law took the boys Thursday afternoon out to her place for the weekend and I was ALONE! Is it bad that it was the best two days ever? Haha, don't get me wrong...I love love love my husband and my twins but it's been a while since it's just been ME. I'm always Mrs. Morrill or the mother of the twins. I loved having time alone to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. Unfortunately I had to spend a lot of time cleaning my house but at least I could do it in peace!

Tuesday morning Lindsay, the boys, and I flew into Baltimore. The boys were surprisingly good on the plane too! It was so exciting to get off the plane because of course I missed Parker and the boys were SO excited to see him but even better-my best friend Becky and her family were there waiting for me! I have not seen Becky in over two years and I just bawled when I finally got to hug her. It was so wonderful. However, it was all bitter sweet because poor Lindsay was so sad to leave her fiance Jason behind, I feel bad for her but I am proud of her decision to come out here and do this cool intership.

Anyways, Parker did a GREAT job on our condo-I love it here! Of course, it hasn't gotten hot yet-haha. I will post pics soon. =)

5 comments:

Janae said...

Yay Jenn! I'm so glad you guys got there safely, and that you got to see Becky, how fun! I love that gal. I'm not sure if we are going to be coming out next weekend any more. We have been way excited for it, but some things have come up that make it a little more difficult, so can we be on the fence for a couple of days?

JP said...

Yay! You all made it safe and sound. We already miss you guys, it's going to be weird having the baby and not not having you guys there. Don't worry, you'll be a first phone call when he comes! Have fun unpacking and getting settled.

Britt Wright said...

I'm glad that you flew instead of drove. I think it would have been an entirely different story. Good luck in DC and I'll be excited to hear what fun stuff you do this summer!

Justina Selim said...

Not sure how you feel about this, but I can't really give you instructions unless I know which background you want, and even then they would be very complicated. I have become pretty familiar with html on the blogs just from messing around with it, but sometimes i have to mess around with it for a little bit. It would be easiest for me if you tell me what background you want and you can temporarily add me as a blog author so I can go in and do my thing and then you can remove me as a blog author. Let me know what you think.

Justina Selim said...

I forgot about this website! If you choose one from here you won't lose anything and she has some really cute ones. Her instructions are way simple too. Go to cutestblogontheblock.com