Sunday, August 10, 2008

Update...

Well we've been having a lot of fun since we've been back to Utah. As much as it sucks that Parker is still in school, it's kinda nice because he gets this whole month off! That will never happen once he's working! We have gotten all unpacked and mostly organized and it just feels great to be back with family and friends. =)
My mother in law took the boys Monday-Thursday and sounds like they had a great time. I'll try to get some pics from her but, let me put it this way, they were NOT excited to see mommy or to come home, haha. I don't mind though, I love how much they love their Gamma Morrill and it was great for me to have a break! Parker surprised me and came home Monday night instead of Tuesday night so that was super exciting! He drove 30 hours in TWO days just to hurry home and be with me. =) We had fun being home alone without the boys and made the most of it. =)

Wednesday night we drove out to Roosevelt to get the boys and had a fun evening with Morrills. The boys rode Tegan's horse Sundance and LOVED it!



They had fun leading the horse too..."come on horsie, come on"...

Then we went up to the cabin and Josh had the time of his life throwing rocks in the river...


Saturday night we went up to Farmington to hang out with Parker's sister Jackie, Tyler, and baby Cole and we had a lot of fun. Jackson loved baby Cole and was so cute with him...


Guess who's getting baby hungry....

Sunday we went back to our ward for the first time all summer, it was great to be back among friendly faces. The boys wore their new church clothes...they look SO old to me now!!! They loved dressing "just like daddy."

Parker's grandma passed away a few months ago and Parker was lucky enough to get her piano. He has sweet memories of her teaching him how to play, writing the names of the keys on tape and putting them on the keys of the piano. However she did it she must've done a good job because my husband plays the piano BEAUTIFULLY! As I type, he is downstairs playing and I just love listening to him.

Well that's the latest! We leave Tuesday morning for Oregon for 2 weeks for my sister's wedding and for vacation so you probably won't hear from me for a while, but I'll have lots of pics when I get back, don't worry. =)

4 comments:

Janae said...

Jenn. That's cool Parker came home Monday - what a great surprise. Did you get any girl alone time between taking the boys and Parker coming home?? I'm so glad he is enjoying the piano too. I bet that was a cool surprise for him. Anyways, it was SO much fun seeing you last week. i hope your sister's wedding goes well. Give her my best. Sounds like things are going really well with Craig's prospective job, so I might have news by next weekend (He'll be in SLC Thursday and Friday). Talk to you soon!

Janae said...

P.S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the boys in their new church clothes. They look so grown up and ADORABLE!!!

Justina Selim said...

Your boys look so cute in their sunday clothes! I need to get Aiden some cute new ones!

Marilyn said...

I have so enjoyed following your family through your writings and pictures. In our home evenings we have an extended family update and you are included. Best wishes to all. Love Aunt Marilyn in KY