Sunday, August 3, 2008

We're Home!!!

We made it! We are back in Utah, home safe and sound. That's weird, calling Utah home, but I guess I've been here for 7 years now-that's a long time! I am SO incredibly happy to be back in my house and so were the boys! I wondered if they would remember it and they did! We had to stop at the store on our way home to get the bare essentials for breakfast and what not and of course I get stuck behind frieken COUPON LADY! NO JOKE she had piles and piles and piles of coupons. Her grocery bill was $250 before and $95 after so that tells you how many coupons she had. I was SOOO annoyed and Josh was screaming so she turns around, in a fake nice voice saying, "maybe it's not a good idea to take your kids shopping this late." I thought I was going to lose it, I had been up since 6am and had been traveling all day and was 100% exhausted and I wanted to slap her (don't worry, I stayed calm). We were up till 2am (4am east coast time) while they played and I unpacked and they woke up at 6am this morning! Needless to say, I'm exhausted and very much looking forward to nap time.

It is super hot here but it's a dry heat which is more bearable than the humidity in Virginia. The boys are loving having a backyard again and a bigger house to terrorize. They are also super excited to play with all the toys we left behind this summer. Tonight we are going to a BBQ at my sister's house and I'm super excited to see everyone. No pictures today because, let's face it, like I have any idea where the camera or any of it's accessories are. But I will post some soon enough!! Parker is doing well, he left this morning and will drive 10 hours each day for three days and will be here Tuesday night! I really miss him and Brody and can't wait to all be home together.

More good news, my wonderful mother in law is taking the boys Monday-Thursday!!! Am I a bad mom that I am SO excited about that?! I know I will miss them and probably cry when she takes them but I am so needing some time to sleep and recover, shop for Lindsay's wedding, and get the house put together and I'm going to make the most out of every minute! =)

That's all for now!!!

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Glad everyone made it safe and sound. Too bad you DIDN'T slap coupon lady. I think you should have.

Can't wait to see you at the reception!

Britt Wright said...

Yeah, we are glad you are back! Good luck getting your house organized this week. Emery's excited to see you. On Sunday, her daddy subbed for your class, and after he taught she asked, "When is Bro. & Sis. Morrill coming back?" Too cute!

Melissa said...

YAY Jenn... I've missed you so much. We have to get together next time I come up. I have no clue when that is. Anyway, Check your email. I'm one of those password bloggers so you are officially invited to my blog. I know I'm dumb but I'm just paranoid of the psychos!!! I love JENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! Welcome home and I'm glad everything was good and the family is HOME safe. (You UTARD :))