Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day...

As my dad would say, "Happy Forced Affection Day!" Hahaha. I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day because I feel it's just a day to make those that are lonely even more lonely and everyone else just goes out and spends a bunch of money because they have to. It forces men to be thoughtful and women to put out-both of which should be happening the other 364 days a year! Nevertheless, we had a fun day. The boys woke up to surprises from Grandma Morrill and they were SOOO excited! Here they are opening their presents...

They loved the spiderman candy and ate it all in one sitting! They also loved their spiderman shirts and of course had to wear them all day! Thanks for being so thoughtful mom! You made their day!

Later that day we dropped the boys off at Jackie's house and Parker and I went up to Ogden to go to Ruby River for dinner! We haven't been there since we moved down to Lehi and had the boys so it was fun to be up there together with no kids again! It brought back memories of the easy days before children, law school, and debt! We had a wonderful steak dinner and it was so relaxing without the boys! Thanks SOOOOO much Jackie for babysitting! The boys had a blast, they love her so much and were bawling on the way home begging to go back to Auntie Jackie's house! We took them to Coldstone on the way home to win them over again, which worked. Then we came home, put them down, and watched a movie. It was a fun day/night just because I got to spend so much time with my hubby, who I just love more and more every day and I feel so lucky that he's my Valentine! =)

Here we are on our way to dinner...(thanks for not getting my belly Jackie!)...

On a side note...last week I went to Boise to spend some time with my DEAR DEAR friend Tara and my wonderful mother in law watched the boys for me. Sounds like they had a lot of fun and she just blogged about it so if you want to see even MORE cute pics of my boys then check out her blog...http://michelleandbart.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

You look great, I was hoping to see a little belly shot, but it looks like no dice this time. Your boys always look so cute.

Val said...

Glad to hear you guys got some time away. It's no hotel room, but not bad. Ha ha ha! I'm just rubbing it in! We honestly rarely ever do anything like that, so it was pretty awesome. Ok, seriously. When do you want to get together? I'm good whenever!

Meredith & Company said...

Sounds like a fun date night! Lucky you!

I hadn't heard that your house had sold. Sad :( We will miss you SO MUCH!!!! But, I know you'll be on to bigger and better things.

We love having you as Elise's teachers...she adores you guys and we're so grateful that she has you!

Justina Selim said...

What fun little gifts for the boys! Thanks again for watching Aiden while we went out. So nice to have a break!

Acker Family said...

I want a belly shot!! :)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Looks like you had a great day, even if it was a "force affection day".
(that made me laugh) It's all too true! Cute pictures!

Emmie Coggins said...

So I found your blog today, thanks to facebook. It's so fun to see your little fun and to get caught up with you. If you want to check us out we are at http://jecoggins.blogspot.com