Thursday, April 30, 2009

2009 BYU Law School Graduation-Good Job Parker!!!

MY HUSBAND IS DONE WITH SCHOOL! At the age of 29 he has been in school forever, but has accomplished so much. He now has his Bachelors, Masters, CPA, and Law Degree! I am so proud of my honey and graduation weekend was everything I was hoping for. The weather was perfect, the ceremonies were wonderful, and all our family was there to support and congratulate us. THANKS EVERYONE FOR COMING!

There were two ceremonies, the first one on Thursday was the general commencement for all BYU grads (6100 of them!) and that was at the Marriot Center. President Uchtdorf and Elder Nelson both spoke and it was absolutely wonderful. Only my parents, Parker, and I went to that ceremony (thanks Linds and Jason for babysitting) but I wish everyone could've been there!

The second one on Friday was the J. Reuben Clark Law School graduation at the Provo Tabernacle which was perfect. Almost all our family was there with the exception of Shane (who's in Florida selling all summer), Christine (school, but she came for dinner) and David (work, but came for dinner). I just LOVE having family all together so it was heaven for me! My grandparents even drove down from Oregon! How lucky are we!?

After the Friday commencement we went to Ruby River for a celebration dinner! It was so fun and THANKS BART for treating everyone! I could tell how proud everyone was of Parker, but especially his parents =) AND ME OF COURSE. I already posted on our graduation gifts but I gave Parker a night getaway at a Bed and Breakfast (which we did last night, wonderful) and he gave me a pregnancy package at a spa (pedi, mani, massage, facial, and lunch!). I can't wait to go! The boys were good and were so proud of daddy, Jackson kept yelling "good job daddy, you're all done with school now you can play me ALL the time!"

The rest of the weekend we spent in a hotel with my family and had lots of fun but I'll save that for another post because, let's face it, this is going to be long. =) Sorry to bore you all but we have been looking forward to this day for a LONG TIME and want to remember it well!

Gotta get a picture in front of the sign...Us in front of the law school, which we will NOT miss...
Parker's proud parents...My sisters and me... My cute parents...
The Barraclough fam...Jack was waving up to daddy during most of the ceremony...This is how Joshy spent most of the commencment...Ya right mom, we'll both smile and get a cute picture... Proud me... The boys loved daddy in his "silly hat"... The Morrill fam...
My adorable grandparents...
The boys did not want to cooperate for pictures... Kinda blurry but here he is getting hooded...
How cute is my honey...Yes, Elder Oaks was there and Parker got to shake his hand!

So don't mind the random order of the pictures, I'm having some trouble with my computer these days so it's the best I could do. Regardless, Parker I am so proud of you and how hard you have worked so you can now support your family. I can't believe the late night hours that you spent studying so hard and I think it has all paid off and you will love your new job in Washington DC. I LOVE YOU BABE, AND CONGRATS!

6 comments:

Loni said...

Congratulations!!!

Lindsay said...

YAY for parker. I am so proud of him.

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

What a HUGE accomplishment, congrats for your whole family! You are looking great Jenn, how are you feeling?

Riddle Girl said...

Congrats to all of you for making it through! It looks like it was a GREAT time for your whole family!

Meredith & Company said...

Congratulations! I remember what a huge relief that day was. Such a good feeling. Unfortunately, you have yet to experience BAR prep. The day that the Bar is over was equally, if not more, joyous at our house. Good luck!

JP said...

Yes, it was a terrific day. I couldn't be prouder of my big bro! Way to go, you're the man. It was wonderful to spend the day with everyone. I can't wait to get out there for bbq and movie on the big screen!