Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jackson My Drama Queen...

Josh said something funny the other day that got me thinking, I really should post about how incredibly dramatic and OCD Jackson is. We were leaving to go on a walk and Jackson's shoelace was starting to come untied. He asked me to tie it tighter. Josh goes..."Ya mommy, you better tie it or Jack will GO TO PIECES!" Hahahaha, if you know Jackson and me, that is exactly what I say to him about a hundred times a day.

Jackson is so so so dramatic and OCD about so many small simple things. As a mom, it is very hard to deal with. I never know what little things will set him off on his fits. And by fit I mean literally rolling on the ground crying. Here are some things that set him off...

*His blanket that he puts his TV tray on for breakfast must be perfectly lined up with the squares on the rug.

*His drink must be filled all the way to the top of the cup.

*His spoon for his cereal MUST be orange.

*He cannot STAND having a booger in his nose and will *go to pieces* until it's out.

*He must be perfectly lined up with his place mat at the dinner table.

*His shoes have to be tied a certain way, a way that Parker and I still haven't been able to figure out.

*Pretty much every day he cries on the way to the gym because he can't get his seat belt buckled right away.

*If he is having trouble getting his food on his spoon or fork, watch out.

*His muffins/rolls have to be cut and buttered a certain way (Parker's family can attest to this one, for the 3 weeks we lived with them they probably saw Jackson cry about this issue 10 times).

*If he is building something and it falls down, oh gosh, end of the world.

*If I accidentally flush the toilet after wiping his bum, he will go to pieces, he loves to flush the toilet.

*If he has even a DROP of water somewhere on his clothes he has to change everything immediately.

*You have to wrap his towel around him a certain way after his tubs.

*Every day when we get the mail he asks for some for "his friend Gobby." That's his imaginary friend. He likes a certain type of coupon pages and if I give him anything different...he'll cry for about 15 minutes.

I'm sure there's many more, but this will give us plenty to blackmail Jackson with when he gets older. =) I love him so much and he can be so sweet and sensitive. I guess along with the good emotion comes the difficult emotion.

The poor guy is still so sick with the stomach flu, he's asleep on the couch right now and Josh is so bored because he's used to always having Jackson to play with! I better go play with him and get off the computer!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

hahahaha jackson cracks me up. can't wait to see him again!!!

Michelle said...

Poor Jackson. I feel bad he is still sick. Kids like that keep you on your toes for sure!