Monday, March 29, 2010

Mom Morrill Part 2...

Saturday morning we headed downtown to see the cherry blossoms. In 1912 Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry trees and they are planted all along the Potomac river in downtown DC. They're having a big festival this week as the trees bloom. Not all of them were blooming yet but it was still really pretty!

Here we are after finding a GREAT parking spot (nevermind that I had to have Parker parallel park it for me, haha)... They're prettier in real life, but you get the idea...
Joshy and Grandma, I love when Josh walks with his hands in his pockets...Tycee was an angel in his stroller the whole time...They had a little "Family Fun" tent where the kids could paint their own cherry blossom trees...Grandma and her boys...An attempt at a cute family picture...Mommy and her boy...Parker and I at the Jefferson Memorial...Another attempt at a family picture...Parker and his mom, so cute...The boys were exhausted on the way home...Grandma and Tyce laughing...

It was fun to spend some time downtown. The weather was pretty nice and it wasn't too crowded. After we got back, Parker and I got packed to head down to Richmond for WICKED! Stay tuned for part 3...

1 comment:

Daisha said...

I hate parallel parking a van! I do everything to avoid it. Looks like you had fun!