Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sometimes I Just Want to Feel Sorry for Myself...

I try to keep my blog happy, upbeat, and positive but...let's face it, that's not always reality. Today I just want to wallow (spelling?) in my sorrow. I am frustrated with being exhausted all the time, it is neverending and I hate it. First off, Tyce is up about five times a night crying for his binky. Parker and I take turns getting up but, still, I'm awake each time. Now he is waking up about 6:30am and not going back to sleep. Secondly, I found out that I'm very anemic which also explains the fatigue. I am on iron pills now but those will take months before I notice anything. Lastly, I haven't been very good on my celiac diet which also contributes to my being so tired because my body is not absorbing the nutrients that I eat. SO...long story short, I feel like I have no prayer of a chance of feeling better anytime soon. I go to the gym and grocery shopping and I'm literally beat for the rest of the day and night. I feel lazy as a mom and a wife and I hate that. I want to do more, and I can't. I want to feel better, and I can't. I want to be better, and I can't.

6 comments:

Denise said...

oy. i'm sorry! that totally sucks. i'll wallow with you for a while...then we pick ourselves up.

Daisha said...

Let's get together, maybe that will cheer you up?!! Do you want to meet in the middle (Fredricksburg) and have lunch and let the kids play? We could meet at 10:30/11:00. Mon, Wed, or Fri are the best days for me!

Riddle Girl said...

Sorry to hear you are lagging a bit. I hope that the iron starts to help soon! Keep on moving...moving..moving!
This too shall pass. (But it never seems fast enough...huh?!)

Justina Selim said...

U r wonderful jenn! I miss ya! My mom and Eva were both way anemic. Once they started eating gluten free their iron went back up! :-> The flour that I have been using is pretty good. The lady who makes it is working with Sara Lee right now to go retail. Next time u r down here u will have to get some!

Loni said...

Realize and acknowledge that all moms suck, in some way are lazy, and are ruining our kids lives!!!! But also acknowledge that you are doing an amazing job, you are teaching your boys so much, you give them so much love, you are terrific.
I hope you get more energy!!!

Shaunae said...

You're a buff girl Jen! Going to the gym everyday and grocery shopping would wear me out too. I used to run errands every day, but now I make myself stay put a day or two out of the week. It's so hard though, if you feel stir-crazy at all. You really do a ton! I totally hear you about feeling so tired it hurts. Strangely you keep going somehow and babies eventually sleep and then you look back and go , wow, how on earth did I survive that?