Saturday, October 29, 2011

Field Day

On Friday the boys had field day at school so I got a babysitter for Tyce and signed up to volunteer! It was COLD but so fun. Again, I was very impressed with the school. There were 8 stations, all very creative and fun. Everything was so organized and well done. I was that mom who was taking pictures of everything but the boys didn't seem to mind! When they first saw me they were SO excited. They even kissed me on the lips in front of their friends! Those days will never end right?!

Here they are doing the parachute, oh memories of Schirle Elementary School P.E....

At this station they had to get as many balls in their team's net as they could. At the end of each round they would count the balls in each net and the team with the most balls won. It was SO funny because after they would announce the winner, Josh would run over to that team and clap for himself as if he was on the team that won. Hahahaha...
At this station they had to draw a cougar paw (because their school is called Cougar Elementary) then they could go play on the playground. Jack was so cute on the playground. There was this little girl, Brooke, who was hiding under this ledge thing and looked sad. Jack walked over to her and I tried to listen in without him knowing. "Brookie, what's wrong?" "Those kids over there said they didn't want to play with me." Jackson walked over to a group of kids and I couldn't hear what he said to them. Then he walked back to Brooke and said, "I talked to them and they said they wanted to be your friend so let's go play!" Brooke looked SO happy and they all went to play. Too precious. I also saw at least three girls following Jackson around saying "I love you Jackson! You are cute Jackson!" Jack would roll his eyes and run away, hahahaha!They loved the pogo ball races...Josh was great at the shooting hoops station...

It was very interesting to watch them interact with their friends at school. They were rarely together. They don't line up together, they don't pick the same teams, and they don't play with the same friends. I'm glad they're not clingy and I know it's healthy but it's also a little sad! But their teacher said she'll catch them looking at eachother from across the room and smiling at eachother quite often. So cute. At the end when they were lining up to go back to the classroom all their classmates were telling me, "I'm Jackson and Josh's friend!" I'm glad they're so well liked and am so glad they love school.

1 comment: