Saturday, July 26, 2014

Utah Trip Part 7-McCall #2

We started Phase 10 one night around 10pm and, by about 1am most of us were frustrated and exhausted so we decided to finish it the next night...
 Two hours later my mom beat out Parker for the win...
Parker playing games with the boys...
 Just a view of our daily goings on...
For the first time in probably two years Tyce not only TOOK a nap but he ASKED to take a nap!  About two hours later Lindsay went up to check on him and Luke and this is what she found!  Apparently they got up then decided they were still tired and just crashed in the hall...
 Josh doing the "turtle," now you see him...
 Now you don't...
 Tyce tubing "the big kid way"...
 Playing in the water...


 Dinner at the Pancake House...
 Family pics at the Pancake House (a family tradition)...

 Dessert at Ice Cream Alley...

 Are you serious Josh?!  This kid is the MESSIEST eater...



Hahahaha, this is how we found Jackson and Luke one night...
Tyce kneeboarded for the first time!  I was SO proud of him!  At age four he is the youngest grandchild to try it!  He did great!



 Josh kneeboarding with Livi...

Linds and I with three ASLEEP little ones in the boat...
 Jackson kneeboarding, he likes to do 360s and thinks he's pretty cool...
My sisters and I went on a HILARIOUSLY FUN tube ride!  It was very crazy full of lots of laughing, screaming, and flipping.  It was so great to see Dana, who is usually grumpy and stressed about this stupid never ending divorce, happy and back to her old fun self.  It's vacations like these that bring out moments like those. 
 Josh is always so concerned and protective over his cousin Luke..

Smores...
 Jackson, Daddy, and Tyce swimming...
 And, before we knew it, the week of fun was over...


I would say this McCall trip was one of my favorites.  My sister's soon to be ex husband wasn't there which made it more relaxed for everyone.  Everyone got along really well.  Parker and I were able to relax more than in previous years because our kids are older, more self sufficient, and require less attention.  The only thing I would've changed was that I could have gone running in the mornings because it's so cool and beautiful there but I have to rest my foot/ankle if I ever want it to heal.

Huge thank you to my amazing parents who put so much coordination, time, energy, and finances into these trips.  Every time we leave I feel closer to my family and my boys feel closer to their cousins.  Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to next year?!  :) 

No comments: