Monday, November 3, 2008

Abbi Lynn's Baptism...

Saturday was a very special day for our family, my niece Abbi was baptized! I can't believe she's 8 and I'm so proud of her decision to be baptized. It really was her decision too, my sister and her husband are not currently active in the church (although we all have hope that they will return) so it was Abbi's decision entirely whether she wanted to make this commitment to the Lord and to herself. Abbi has an unusual spirit about her, for an 8 year old she comprehends so much about the gospel and when she sings or talks about the gospel everyone around her can feel the spirit. I know she was sent to our family for a reason and we are all better people from being around her.


My dad baptized and confirmed her, which was very special for both of them. She looked so pretty and loved all the attention, but I think she also felt the spirit and was excited about becoming a member of our church. Congratulations princess, I am so proud of you!!!!

My beautiful sis and my beautiful niece...

My grandparents and our cousin, James, came up for the baptism too!

Can you tell how much I LOVE this girl!??


My parents and Abbi...

The boys were LESS than thrilled about being there....



My sisters and I...So I'm SO excited for WEDNESDAY because Parker and I are going to Vegas for 2 nights with NO KIDS! My wonderful mother in law is watching the boys so we're looking forward to some much needed time together, uninterrupted with "DRINK MOMMY, WRESTLE ME DADDY, WAAA WAAA WAAA". Haha, I love my twins, I do, but I love spending alone time with my honey too! Parker has 2 interviews, one of which is a dinner interview with the interviewers wife and Parker gets to bring ME! Wish us luck! My parents are worried that I'll do all the talking, haha, I'll try not to but it's not in my personality to keep quiet! Haha!

5 comments:

Loni said...

Way to go Abbi - weird to think she's that old! She was just a baby when we were roommates. Same thing has happened to my neice's parents. They're inactive. My neice turns 8 next year, it'll be interesting to see what she decides. Hope she has Abbi's courage!

PS - you look amazing!

Masons said...

You three girls are GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

way to put up the one where i look retarded.

Jami said...

Your boys look so pissed in that picture! I love it. I haven't seen Abby since she was maybe 2, I can't believe she's old enough to be baptized. You guys all look so good!

Justina Selim said...

I'm so glad her baptism went well! You all look so pretty!!