Friday, November 21, 2008

How Sweet Is My Husband....

So it hasn't even been a week on my gluten free diet and I am absolutely hating life. Seriously, I like wake up depressed because I know I can't eat anything I want to. I am starving all the time and am very sick of potatoes, salad, and fruit. NONE of the substituion things I bought (for like a million dollars a piece) are even edible so I am really just miserable. Worst yet, I can't go out to eat! There's like no quick food you can grab except Wendy's chili and baked potato or, you guessed it, a SALAD! Anyways, worst of all I just feel very alone in this and I feel like no one cares or understands. Well, in the mail today I got...



Parker ordered these two books online for me about a week ago, how sweet and thoughtful of him!!! I think he doesn't really know how to handle me and he's hoping this will help, haha, but regardless...THANK YOU HONEY!!!

6 comments:

Palmer Family said...

ok I will have to send you some stuff too! We mostly eat gluten free at our house and i have found some very yummy brown rice gluten free pastas! I know it sounds funny but it really is yummy! rice chex is gluten free too if you are craving cereal. do you guys have a trader joes? i think they even carry gluten free brownie mix! I know it makes things so much harder but life isn't over. :)

Val said...

Sounds like you're a "gluten" for punishment! Ha ha ha! Ho ho ho! But seriously, folks, that's gotta stink and I'm sorry for you. What a sweet husband you have, though. Lucky girl!

Lindsay said...

oh cute park! good idea!

Justina Selim said...

What a nice husband! Did you email Kendra? You really should. My mom eats out a ton so I need to find out more where and what she gets.

Janae said...

Oh, i hope it goes better for you. I feel so bad, I know how much you enjoy food! That was really nice of Parker though. I hope the books help.
let's get together!

Emily said...

What a great hubby. You've probably heard of them but you should try the TRIO bars, made my Mrs. Mays company (www.mrsmays.com). I get them cause they are nummy and full of protien but they are also gluten, wheat, and dairy free. You can buy a big box at costco or individually at Fred Meyers or Smiths in your case. I hope they help.