Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sweet Husband and Fun Baby Shower...

So for the past month or so I haven't been sleeping well because my pillow is too flat and I just can't get comfortable. But, I have been putting off buying a new one because-let's face it-money is tight and luxuries like new comfy pillows are just not in the budget right now! Also driving me crazy is my alarm clock by my bedside, it suddenly has a mind of its own and goes way fast so it's always anywhere from 10 to 80 minutes off! Again, I don't wanna spend money on a new one so I just use my cell phone to check for the real time. SO...today Parker comes home from school with a big bag and says, "I have something for you!" He bought me a super comfy new fluffy pillow and a new alarm clock!!! What's even cuter, he went to the store JUST to buy that! He went to the store with me in mind and wanted to make me happy. This may not seem like a big deal to some but Parker is kinda a penny pincher (law school debt will do that to you) and he's not always the most thoughtful of guys (not because he's a jerk but because he literally just forgets about things) so it meant a lot to me. I love you babe and thanks for thinking of me!!!

I also had a fun night tonight, I went to my friend Mikaela's baby shower! Mikaela and I have been friends since kindergarten and have really grown up together, we were even roomates at BYU! She is having her first baby, a little boy, in a few weeks and I'm so excited for her! I went with my other friend Tiffany, who is also pregnant and it was fun to all get together!

Tiff didn't want her picture taken but here's one of me, Brandi (Mikaela's older sister who was good friends with my older sister) and prego Mikaela! Congrats Mikaela!!

4 comments:

Daisha said...

A pregnant Mikaela! She looks darling. It doesn't seem like long ago we were all doing sleepovers and playing horses together!

Acker Family said...

Finally a picture of Mikaela's belly! So cute...too bad Tiff wasn't in that shot! You all look great. And I'm hoping you'll sleep better now. Your husband is so good to you! :)

Val said...

Ok, you're all in big trouble! I really, really should have been there. Mikaela, if you're reading this, you are adorable! I never imagined you with short hair. Sooo cute.I'm so excited for you.

Jenn, you'd better let me know when she has that baby!

Michelle said...

What three beautiful pregnant women!!