Monday, February 8, 2010

Imaginary Friends...

So Jackson and Josh both have imaginary friends that I decided to blog about so I don't forget about them later on. Jackson's friend is named "Gobby" and Josh's friend is named "Goldy." They are both girls and they both have "brown skin." Whenever we are driving somewhere they both point out the window to a van and say, there's Goldy and Gobby! Whenever we get the mail, I always have to give them something for Goldy and Gobby. Whenver I tell them no they say, "my friend Goldy's mom lets me do that" or "Gobby always gets to do what she wants at HERS house." Haha. Yesterday Josh was telling me about how plants need water to live and grow or else they will be sad and die. I have never talked to them about plants (those of you who know me know that that is NOT something high on my priority list, haha) so I asked him where he learned that. He said, "from Goldy." I told him Goldy wasn't real, where did he learn that. He got very mad and said, "Goldy IS real and she DID teach me that." I know I shouldn't have said that but I wasn't thinking. They are always wanting to draw pictures for Goldy and Gobby and always putting their toys in bags "to bring them to Goldy and Gobby's house because they don't have ANY toys!" I think it's cute and apparently very common and normal. It's another form of make believe and pretend play and it shows their amazing imaginations.

As for Tyce, I'm giving up. Haha, not really but I'm not going to bore you all with daily posts anymore. IF the day ever comes where he sleeps through the night...I'll announce it. =) Until then, let's hope I can stay sane and awake during the days while getting up five times a night.

Lastly, MY PARENTS WILL BE HERE ON WEDNESDAY!!! YAY!!! I'm so so excited!!! So I'll see them in February, my MOTHER IN LAW in March, NICOLE in April PLUS I'm going to Utah for my little sister's graduation, CHRISTINE is coming for ALL of May, then my PARENTS and GRANDPARENTS are coming in June! Oh and in July and August we're going to Eagle Crest for a family trip and a girl's getaway. SO, I have much to look forward to! I love you all for coming to see us!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Daisha said...

Wow, So many visitors . . . that's awesome. I hope I can be one too . . . we will get together soon - I promise Jenn!! The imaginary friend stories are hilarious. My kids have never had imaginary friends, but I think it's so cute! Have fun with your parents and tell them hi.