Thursday, February 25, 2010

Staying Home Is a Privilege...

Today while I was loading my fourth load of laundry for the day I realized something...I AM LUCKY TO BE HOME! I guess I have always taken for granted the fact that I am able to be a stay at home mom and not have to work. My days consist of sleeping until 7am, hanging out in my pjs until about 11am, going to the gym, come home for lunch and shower, put the boys down for nap and quiet time, enjoy an hour to myself, then playing with my boys until it's time to make dinner. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I live the EASY life! My days are mixed with poop, spit up, spills, messes, cleaning, laundry, whining, crying, fighting, screaming, cooking, bills, etc BUT, I still feel lucky that I am able to do this. As much as my kids can stress me out and exhaust me, I love them so much and wouldn't trade my time at home with them for anything.

I am so grateful for my hard working husband who goes to work every day to provide for his family. I love you so much babe, thanks for being so amazing!!!

3 comments:

Acker Family said...

What's funny is I thought this same thing today! I was putting away more laundry and just feeling tired and I thought "I'm so glad I get to stay home and not be at a job somewhere!" We are blessed to have hard working husbands! : )

Loni said...

AMEN!!!! Isn't this such a sweet time of life?
I cannot believe how much Tyce looks like Josh (in the pictures anyway).

To make the chkn recipe - just marinade the chkn with the stuff listed with the chicken, then cook the chicken. When the noodles are done, drain the water then put the noodles back in the pot and add the ingredients for the sauce into the pan, and about 2 tablespoons of butter. Turn on the heat and let the cheese melt as you mix it all around. Put the chicken on top - you could also use a fish, like salmon, instead of the chicken.
Also, I agree that kids do need to be prepped to face real life, but that doesn't mean that school is the only thing that can offer them real life.- to be honest, "school" as we know it is nothing like real life... unless you plan on living in Hollywood land. But I do understand what you are saying

Johanne said...

Funny timing!! I was just clicking on your blog to distract myself from work which is over the top stressful, and super long hours lately. I was thinking - Jenn is SO lucky she gets to be a stay at home mom. And what was the title of your post?? haha!! Thinking about you friend - hope to be in your shoes someday!! Miss you lots :)