Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Special Day...

Today was my "special day" with the twins. Christine stayed home with Tyce while I took the boys to Shrek 4! They have been very excited to see it in the theater and, of course, eat popcorn! It was so fun to be with them, without Tyce. It's nice to be able to give them my full attention without having to stress about diapers, bottles, and carrying fussy Tyce around.

Here we are before we left... Jack thought he "looked cute" with his arms folded in the theater...
Josh drank almost this entire thing (he doesn't get pop much)...After the movie...As much fun as the movie was, they almost had more fun with the high pressure hand dryers in the bathrooms...Not their best picture...They stopped at the arcade on the way out but mommy was "out of monies" so they just had to pretend, I dread the day that stops!Again with the dryers...After we left the theater we stopped at the store to buy the boys' "big boy car seats." I figure since Tyce is going to need theirs soon we may as well get them the booster car seats sooner than later! They were SO excited and carried their boxes all the way to the car, then made me open and set them up before we left the parking lot, haha...
They were "so strong" to carry these boxes...The nice thing is we now have more room for when people need to sit in between them!
It was a wonderful afternoon with my boys. I asked them what their favorite part of the day was and Jackson said..."sitting on mommy's lap in the movie." Melted my heart! Joshy's was..."seeing Puss (the cat in Shrek) have a big belly." He also was happy that Shrek "didn't die. But if he did, he would go to Heaven to see Heavenly Father!" Haha. I love my boys so much!!!
Thanks to Auntie Christine for babysitting Tyce. HOWEVER, he slept for almost FOUR hours!!! Christine finally had to wake him up! Course, the days where I'M home, wanting to take a nap, he sleeps for an hour and wakes up three times in that hour. I swear I swear I swear he has some sort of sensor for when mommy wants to sleep! But, I'm glad Christine got some relaxing time..she deserves it!!!
P.S. There's a new video at the bottom of my blog...Josh is AMAZING at dribbling! I can't believe him! He misses his basket in this video but usually he makes it. He is extremely coordinated and athletic.

3 comments:

Loni said...

that is so nice that you got to take them out alone, Kids really need that one on one attention time

Lindsay said...

uh i miss them soooo much!!!! i wish i could do this stuff with them. but guess what? two months and we will be in EAGLECREST!

Brent said...

Cute Boys......and I GET TO SEE THEM NEXT WEEK!!!