Sunday, April 1, 2012

Kite Festival

Saturday we headed up to DC for the kite festival. First we stopped at the Library of Congress for their children's display of Japanese culture. Here's Jack and Tyce dressed up in kimonos... Josh's origami cat...



Waiting for the metro...Walking to the kite festival at the National Monument...Jackson's new kite...Tyce was perfectly content eating his picnic lunch while the twins flew kites...Getting Josh's kite ready...Josh's new kite...

Daddy trying to eat lunch with all three boys climbing on him...
Daddy and Joshy eating their apples...

After the kite festival we headed back home to fly kites at a park, where we had more room to run with them. Jackson LOVED flying his kite and kept yelling "this is the best windy day of my life! No other day will ever be this fun!" Hahaha, so cute.

It was a fun day, but taking kids to DC is always exhausting. I'm just not really a big city girl I've decided. I hate the traffic, the crowds, the rude people, the expense, etc. Before we got on the metro I had to go to the bathroom really bad. Of course the line for the women's restroom was like an hour long so I decided to go to McDonalds to go to the bathroom, but of course they won't let you use their restrooms unless you buy something, so I buy a nasty strawberry shake, go to the bathroom, come out, my shake still isn't ready. I ask for my shake, am rudely told that it is coming. I wait five more minutes, everyone else has gotten their meals but I'm still waiting. I finally ask a girl who's restocking the straws for my shake, she sighs, annoyed, but finally makes it for me. Then I meet back up with Parker and the boys and he tells me I can't bring my shake on the metro. SO, stupid me, puts it in his backpack really tightly compacted where it shouldn't spill. Well, when we finally get to the kite festival and open up the backpack, it has spilled ALL over the backpack. So I use all my baby wipes to clean that mess up and hope that I won't need them later. Luckily, I didn't.

But I'm glad that we are able to do fun stuff like this while we live out here. It's one of the many perks of living here. :)

1 comment:

Brent said...

Great family activities! Way to take advantage of the cultural and local opportunities while you're there. You and Parker are good parents to those lucky boys.