Sunday, October 19, 2008

PUNKINS...

I am loving the Halloween season for the first time in a long time! It is so fun having the boys be excited about costumes, pumpkins, trick or treating, and candy. I'm not a big Halloween fan because I don't like to dress up and I certainly don't need to eat a lot of candy but with 2 year olds around, it's been fun! They have been talking about "making faces on our punkins" all week so we finally did it today.

Much to our surprise, they would NOT put their hands in the pumpkin and help daddy get the guts out (which I remember being our favorite thing to do with my dad because it was one of the few times my mom let us get DIRTY!).
The finished product...

The great pumpkin carver and the boys...Jackson loves his daddy..."SCARY PUNKIN FACES"...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute!!! i wish i could have seen them!

Brent said...

Where are the ears on the pumpkins?

Anonymous said...

pa i know. i just want to you know jason and i put ears on ours. his name is eddie and he looks retarded!

Masons said...

I like how Jackson's face looks like the pumkin's in that picture. :)

Acker Family said...

Those are great pumpkins! Your boys are so adorable and I love that they didn't want to put their hands in the 'guts'! That was my favorite too :)

Justina Selim said...

How fun! I can't wait to do this with Aiden!