Thursday, October 30, 2008

Not To Worry, I Survived!

Ok so I survived without my husband! We pick him up at the airport tonight and the boys and I could NOT be more excited! It was been a hard week (being PMS doesn't help when you're already lonely and stressed) but I have tried to make the most out of it.

Monday night we had dinner at my grandparents condo in Salt Lake which was really fun, I absolutely love my grandparents and feel so lucky to be so close with them. They live in SLC in the fall/winter and Oregon in the spring/summer so I love being able to see them so much while they're here! They're so "with the times" I even taught them how to read text messages! Haha, my goal is to teach them how to write texts also but I'll give it some time so as not to overwhelm them!

Tuesday night we headed down to Provo and went to Jason's football game at UVU, went shopping, then went over to Justina's house. The boys played SO cute with Aiden! We took them to Taco Bell for dinner and, as always, they made a huge mess and people looked at us like we're the worst parents ever. Oh well, we had fun right Justina? Haha.

Wednesday we headed up north to visit some people in Ogden and Layton. I went up to Ogden to visit my old office, Adult Probation and Parole. It was fun seeing my old friends (and enemies, haha) but I am sure glad I don't work there anymore! Then I headed down to Layton to visit my other old office, Dept of Workforce Services. It was super weird being back there because I haven't worked there for like 5 years but it was so fun to see people and show off the boys. Then I met up with my friend JaNae and we hung out the rest of the night and had so much fun! She has two precious little girls and my boys had so much fun with them! It was fun watching them play together, and they have all these fun girl toys that my boys loved! Kitchen set, dress up clothes, purses, shoes, haha!

So I kept busy so I wouldn't miss Parker too much. The weird thing is, I didn't work out once this week! Those of you who know me know that that is a BIG deal for me. I never ever miss going to the gym but this week, for some reason, I could not get myself there. So now I'm 50 pounds heavier, haha, but oh well.

Update on Parker's interviewing trip...his interview in Eugene went ok, but we don't really expect anything to come of it. His interview in Portland went really well and they will probably bring him back on Christmas break for an interview with all the partners. Then he flew to San Francisco and went to a dinner social thing last night which went well he said and then he's in an interview with Deloitte right now! So we'll see where life takes us, I have mixed emotions about where I want to be. I know I do not really want to be in DC, Vegas, or Cali. Haha, ok so I just want to be in Oregon or Utah. Portland would be our first choice, I just love the Pacific Northwest but I will really really really miss my sisters and in laws if we leave Utah! We'll just be prayerful and hope for the best.

This is a boring post, I'm sorry, I'm just not myself without my honey. =) We have a fun weekend ahead so cute pics to come!!!

2 comments:

Janae said...

I'm glad he got home safe and you all survived him being gone.

I was so much fun to see you guys. Jaycee keeps talking about Jack and Josh. She wants to play with them again, plus I love hanging out with you so we totally need to get together again really soon. oh, and the boys left their flashlights here and Jaycee is so worried about it. ;)

Justina Selim said...

Glad the interviews went well! We missed you at the game tonight! When we got there Aiden said Where's Josh and Jackson? Haha it was so cute!