Friday, October 10, 2008

Why Parker is NO LONGER in the doghouse...

It seems the combination of being married 5 years, being poor, being in law school, and having twin 2 year old boys has left little time, money, and energy for Parker and I to do sweet little things for eachother. Yesterday though Parker surprised me with....

For those who don't know, I absolutely LOVE See's candies!!! It was a little gesture that meant a lot. He knows I have been so down lately and I appreciated him thinking about me, thanks babe, I love you so much!!!

Update on my stomach situation...they did some blood tests and it looks like I may have celiac disease, just like my mom (thanks mom!) Celiac disease is a gluten intolerance so I pretty much can't eat breads, crackers, chips, cookies, pastas, cereals, etc. AKA, everything I love. My stomach just cannot process wheat and that is why I have been so incredibly sick. The only way to know for sure if I have it is to do an endoscopy which I will have in November, we'll see what they find. Thanks for your concern everyone!!

4 comments:

Masons said...

Oh no! Not cookies! We'll find a way jenn, we'll find a way!

Acker Family said...

What a sweet hubby you have! Sorry to hear about your food "no-no's"! But I'm glad they're figuring stuff out and hopefully you'll get to feeling better soon!

Justina Selim said...

What a sweet husband you have! I hope you are doing ok with the celiac stuff so far. Did you know that See's used to dip their chocolates in flour before they would dip them in chocolate!! They stopped doing that just recently! I just know that because it was a very happy day for my mom!

Janae said...

Hooray for Parker!

But BOO for celiac disease. ugh! My sister has that too, you poor thing. I will find you some yummy treats you can eat!

I am available most of the time. Tuesdays are bad for me, & Thursday Jaycee has preschool in the afternoon, so Mon, Wed, and Fri are usually the best for me.