Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Leah and Sarah

After two and a half years of watching Leah and Sarah two days a week, today was my last day!  Traci is due with her third baby in a week and hasn't decided whether she's going back to work or not yet but, for at least until September, I'm done watching the girls.  It has been so fun having their "girly" personalities in my home.  I frequently find hair bands, barrettes, bracelets, necklaces, and other little girly trinkets all over my house and it's so different for me being a mom of all boys!  Tyce will definitely miss his friends, the three of them get along so well and have all been good for each other in different ways.  My boys have toughened up the girls and the girls have softened my boys.  They are more like cousins than friends and I love that they are best friends just like Traci and I are.  I went through some pics and found a few from two years ago...
 
One of Leah and Tyce's favorite games for so long was to "go under the covers and pretend we're sleeping"....
Leah is not a very cuddly or physically affectionate child but one time she was pretty sick and she cuddled up next to me and fell asleep, it was precious...
 Tyce, Leah, and Sarah...
The porch picture June 2011...
 The porch picture June 2013...
 Then, of course, they all wanted their pictures taken...

My boys love Traci's dog, Sophie, which is fine by me because that's as close as they'll ever get to owning one as long as they live under my roof!
Leah and Sarah have a special place in my heart and I hope they know how much I love them.  It was not always easy having three young ones in the house and taking to run errands and what not but the goods outweighed the bad for sure.  Every morning Tyce wakes up asking if Leah and Sarah are coming over so it's going to be a hard adjustment for him...good thing we'll be in Utah for a month this summer!

Well, enough procrastinating...time to clean, do laundry, and pack because WE'RE LEAVING ON THURSDAY!!! 

No comments: