Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mexico Trip Day 1

Parker and I had been talking about how to celebrate our 10 year anniversary for about four months and we had decided to spend two days in Williamsburg, Virginia.  We were excited but also a little deflated because we have never gone on a vacation just the two of us and, over the last ten years, had hoped that by this time in our marriage we'd be able to get away.  Well, after some influence by my dear friend Mikaela, I decided I wanted to splurge and go somewhere fun.  I told Parker I was thinking we could spend a little more than Williamsburg and he was SO excited!  He told me he wanted to plan it and surprise me.  If you know me at all you know I hate spending money and if you know Parker at all you know he loves researching, analyzing, and finding good deals so I gave him the go ahead (after doing our budget and figuring out how much we could reasonably spend).  He has been working SO hard on this trip, spending hours and hours on the internet trying to make it the perfect trip and...guess what?  IT TOTALLY WAS!  All his hard work paid off because it was incredible.  He told me the night before that we were going to Cancun, Mexico and staying at La Amada, or the Beloved Hotel, which was a 5 star luxury resort far away from the hotel zone which I would not have wanted to stay in.
 
We flew to Atlanta then on to Cancun.  When we landed Parker had, of course, already booked a shuttle service to take us to the hotel which I am so glad because when you get off the plane you get SWARMED with people trying to offer their services and we got it way cheaper because Parker had planned ahead.  The drive to the hotel was brutal.  The roads there are TERRIBLE, pot holes everywhere and people drive so fast swerving in and out of unmarked lanes, it was crazy and I was already a little sick from the plane so I got pretty car sick. 
 
When we got to the hotel I was just in awe, it was beautiful.  I forgot to get a picture of the lobby but it is gorgeous and the whole place has this amazing eucalyptus type smell that is heavenly and so relaxing.  Here's the link to see more pics: http://www.belovedhotels.com/.
 
We got a free upgrade to a room with a patio and pool in the back...
 The bed was SO comfortable and big...
 Sitting area...
 The Jacuzzi was amazing...
 Another view of the room...
 The bathroom...
Pictures don't do this shower justice, it was amazing!  It had awesome water pressure and was huge!  The first time we used it I turned it on all the way and the detachable showerhead at the top turned towards the shower door and sprayed out all over the room!  Haha it was hilarious...
Our first night walking around the hotel.  The grounds there were beautiful and so well maintained.  The landscaping was gorgeous and, even though it was almost booked out, it was never crowded anywhere!  Frequently Parker and I were the only ones around!  It felt like our own private place...
These beds are SO comfortable, we spent many hours on these at the beach, pool, or in our backyard...
There were 4 restaurants at the hotel that were included in the all inclusive package.  We spent our first night here, at Isla Grill.  Suffice it to say that for all the restaurants and the 24 hour room service the staff and service was amazing, very friendly and helpful.  The food however...was not impressive.  Even Parker, Mr. non-picky, wasn't impressed.  We found a few things we liked but overall were disappointed in the food.  That being said, I came back the same weight as when I left so I'm actually quite relieved it wasn't better because I could've gained 10 pounds with unlimited already paid for food that can be brought to me whenever and wherever I want! 
 Our view while eating dinner...
 Us enjoying our drinks...

After dinner we went to our room and enjoyed the Jacuzzi and then crashed, we were pretty worn out from an early morning and traveling all day.  Day 2 coming up! 

No comments: