Sunday, June 2, 2013

Grandpa Barraclough's Funeral

Tuesday morning about 1:30am, May 28th, my Grandpa Barraclough passed away at the age of 93.  He hadn't eaten since Friday and was in and out between then and when he died.  It sounds like it was peaceful and he was ready to join his wife and daughter who were waiting for him in heaven.  Unfortunately due to time and financial restraints I was unable to go to the funeral but my mom and sister sent me some pics from their phone so that will have to do...
 
My dad dedicated the grave...
My dad, his older brother Robbie, older sister Maralynda (Buckwheat as we call her), and older brother Marty...
 The table, I love that they have all his crazy ties on display...he wore the UGLIEST ties!
 He'll be buried by my grandma who died 10 years ago, I miss her so much...
 Here's the picture on the program...
Of all my grandparents Grandpa Barraclough was the one I was least close to.  Not that I love him any less we just didn't see them as much and he has a more "gruff" personality.  That being said, my heart ached when I heard the news because it's weird to have lost both my paternal grandparents.  My heart ached mostly because now my dad has lost both his parents, which has to be a difficult experience.  Things I want to remember about my grandpa is how he always had at least 20 pens/pencils/highlighters in his breast pocket which would be so heavy it'd sag almost down to his belt which isn't say too much considering his pants were always up to his armpits!  Every single time I saw him he'd say the same thing to me "you stay out of trouble, I see you're like your dad!"  Haha, he had a dry sense of humor.  I love my grandpa and I love knowing that he is with my sweet grandma and his daughter Nancy who died of diabetes complications about 25 years ago.  Love you grandpa!!!

No comments: